Safety is an integral part of our daily activities at Ferus – whether in the field, in the office or traveling between project sites. Working safely is central to our operations and to our commitment to our stakeholders, the communities in which we work, and the environment. Ferus is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, customers and the general public.
Our commitment to safety
Our comprehensive safety program includes all requirements of Occupational Health and Safety standards, as well as additional requirements prescribed specifically by the petroleum industry. Our safety program has earned us a Certificate of Recognition from the provinces of British Columbia and Alberta. Since the inception of the company, Ferus has proudly operated at or above industry standards in all categories.
Health & safety principles
- Bring everyone home safely.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- We strive to meet the highest standards of our customers and the industry.
- Hazards reported today prevent accidents tomorrow.
Contributing to a safe and healthy work environment is the responsibility of every member of the Ferus team – from our Safety Managers to our Board of Directors, and through to every individual who is a part of Ferus:
- All Ferus team members complete safety education and training programs to ensure the safety of our employees, customers, consultants and the general public.
- Ferus provides all of the necessary personal protective equipment specific to job requirements in order to maximize the physical safety of our employees.
- Ferus maintains a thorough internal maintenance program to optimize equipment and fleet safety.
- Ferus’ safety policies, procedures and programs meet or exceed legislative requirements.
- All injuries, hazards and serious incidents are reported and investigated.
- Safety compliance is ensured through regular audits and inspections.
- Exemplary leadership in safety is recognized through the Ferus Employee Recognition Program.